Thursday, February 21, 2008

Playdough

Leah gave the boys a box of playdough for Christmas and I usually bring it out for them to play with while I finish making dinner. Today I sat down with them to play with it and it was a little stressful. I realized that I don't like mixing the different playdough colors, who would have thought I'd be like that?? The boys could care less about keeping the colors separate so I was able to follow along with them and help them build whatever it was they wanted. We made lots of snakes at first. Then, Ezra got bold and asked me to build a fighter jet. Surprisingly, I was able to craft fairly recognizable F-14, at least recognizable to a 3 1/2 year old.


Then, this is what the F-14 looked like after playing with it for about 30 minutes.





I am not a fan of the playdough smell. I'd rather eat paste. Although, I was never really in to eating weird stuff. Justus does like to nibble on cat food here or there. He's really not that weird though.


Gianna hasn't really done anything weird yet.










3 comments:

Erin said...

What a great post. I'm laughing right now.
Fun times.
p.s. I like to eat dirt & sand, but not playdough or glue or cat food.

Nini said...

Okay...

1) I too would hate to mix playdough colors...I am far too OCD and organized to have mixed colors...ugh.

2) I can't stand it once the playdough gets dirty and fuzzy.

3) Your fighter jet rules. That is why you are the coolest mom to those 2 boys.

4) Gianna is just beautiful...I want to squeeze her.

Lis said...

I hate mixing the colors too, maybe it's a girl thing...no, wait Providence mixes her colors, hence me knowing I hate it...maybe it's a mom thing. By the way, SO impressed with the fighter jet, I stick to snakes and things you can make with round balls, well last time a turtle was requested, but he looked pretty goofy.