Friday, December 28, 2007

888

Read 8 books each in 8 different categories in 2008.
1)Book Club Books:
1. Stop Dating the Church, Joshua Harris
2. I Am America, and So Can You, Stephen Colbert
3. Nathan Coulter, Wendall Barry
4.

1. I Am America and So Can You, Colbert
2.
3.
4.

2)Bookcase Books:
1. Thoughts on Family Worship, James Alexander
2. The Hospitality Commands, Alexander Strauch
3. Thoughts for Young Men, Ryle
4.

1. The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis
2.
3.
4.

Fiction Books:
1. Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
2.
3.
4.

1.
2.
3.
4.

4)Non-Fiction Books:
1. How to Read a Book, Adler and Van Doren
2. Treasuring God in our Traditions, Noel Piper
3.
4.

1.
2.
3.
4.

5)Parenting/Family Books:
1.Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends, Mally
2. Thoughts on Family Worship, James Alexander
3. Raising Your Children for Christ, Andrew Murray
4. Thoughts for Young Men, Ryle

1.
2.
3.
4.

6)History Books:
1.
2.
3.
4.

1.
2.
3.
4.

7) Biographies
1. Elizabeth Prentiss- A Biography, Sharon James
2. Faithful Women and their Extraordinary God, Noel Piper
3. Sister Freaks, Rebecca St.James
4. Peace Child, Richardson

1.
2.
3.
4.

8) Picture Books (stole this category from someone else's 888 list)
1.
2.
3.
4.

1.
2.
3.
4.

I guess I've got some work to do (finishing this list) before I get to work (reading). Maybe Matt and I can split up the list, 4 books each category. Thanks Leah for the motivation!

3 comments:

Stef said...

this looks like a good idea! So you finish off the list and then read them all in 2008? Do you have to read them in any order or in any particular length of time?? I'm so bad with finishing books, so we should totally do this!

Leah said...

yeah! You are doing it!

Did you know that chapter books you read aloud to kids and audiobooks can count too?

:)

Bimbo Baggins said...

Ok, I looooooooooved Redeeming Love! Such a good book! As is I am America, and so can you! Love me some Colbert.